Customer Service Manager
Customer Service (or Operations)
Ripon, Calif., USA
The Customer Service Manager is responsible for managing the customer service team and developing service-related policies and procedures to enhance client engagement and ensure customer needs are met in a timely manner. The role requires an individual who is a forward thinker that can bring the department together to work as a team and have the ability to create new processes, as required, and assist the customer service team to effectively complete their daily tasks.
- Improve customer service experience, create engaged customers and facilitate organic growth.
- Take ownership of customers' issues and follow problems through to resolution.
- Set a clear mission and deploy strategies focused towards that mission
- Develop service procedures, policies and standards.
- Keep accurate records and document customer service actions and discussions.
- Analyze statistics and compile accurate reports.
- Recruit, mentor and develop customer service agents and nurture an environment where they can excel through encouragement and empowerment.
- Recommend solutions for customer’s complaints.
- Coordinate with other departments to resolve issues involving the customer services department.
- Responsible for the staffing level of the department.
- Communicate, implement and interpret new and existing policies and procedures to staffs within the department.
- Supervise the day-to-day activities of customer service department within established policies and procedures.
- Develop and implement process and procedures to improve operational efficiency.
- Oversee cross-functional work areas targeted to resolve issues raised by customers.
- Keep ahead of industry’s developments and apply best practices to areas of improvement.
- Control resources and utilize assets to achieve qualitative and quantitative targets.
- Adhere to and manage the approved budget.
- Maintain an orderly workflow according to priorities.
- Five years of recent customer service management experience, preferably within a manufacturing or distribution industry
- Required call center experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Proficiency with standard desktop software (Outlook, Word, Excel) as well as PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Awareness of the industry’s latest technologies and trends
- Excellent knowledge of management methods, techniques and software
- Working knowledge of customer service software, databases and tools
- Ability to multi-task and be comfortable with conflict resolution